Most Internet Marketers Are Using Social Media Incorrectly
Social Media is one of the biggest parts of making money online, and every website you visit for Internet Marketing advice will tell you to use social media. But even with all of that information out there, people are still using social media incorrectly. In this article, we are going to look at some of the best ways to use social media to make money on the internet.
- Use “look-alike” ads: This is something that Facebook has started doing to make marketing more effective for their advertisers. Look-alike ads are ads that are specifically designed for a certain audience. These ads are matched with the perfect customer and designed so that customer will respond to them.
- Use Instagram Stories: Instagram Stories are one of the most underused features of the platform, which is strange considering that it has grown to be one of the biggest social media sites of the modern age. Instagram is used by everyone because everyone takes pictures, but businesses that combine product images with the Instagram Stories feature see a great deal more engagement and success.
- Use the ad tools offered by LinkedIn: This resume site has some pretty incredible advertising tools, not to mention lots of groups and ways to target specific audiences. The ad tools are something relatively new and just one more way that LinkedIn is trying to compete with some of the other social media networks out there. A retargeted ads.
- Use YouTube to promote gated content: There are a lot of people that use YouTube every day, and uploading your videos is a smart idea no matter what. But one of the ways that you can best leverage YouTube is to use videos to draw in traffic for gated content on your main website. Because YouTube is part of Google, there are a lot of advertising polices that most people don’t even consider.
- Use Facebook Groups: If you aren’t using Facebook Groups to promote your business, then you are missing out on a huge feature on the social media site. Facebook Groups are designed to build communities within Facebook and becoming part of a community means that you have instant rapport and influence with the people within that group.
How you can use Instagram to market your products
Instagram has become one of the most popular Social Media sites, but many companies do not use it for marketing purpose because they don’t understand how to do so. But Instagram will make your marketing more effective and allow you to reach an entirely new group of potential customers. Here are some ways to do that.
- Instagram Analytics: Many people aren’t even aware that analytics are available with Instagram, but there are some great analytics programs that you can use to optimize your account. If you can figure out where you are going wrong, then you can take steps to fix the problem. When you are searching for a tool, make sure that you find something that can show you which posts have the best reach, which ones get the most engagement and what the click through rate is for each post.
- Social Walls:If you have people in your company that are passionate about working for you, then leverage that passion into a live social wall using tools like Tint or Tagboard. You can aggregate user-generated content to promote your brand and build a community on your Instagram account.
- Use Cross-Promotion: Cross promote your Instagram account with other channels. This may include some of your own Instagram channels, or you may be able to discuss sharing and promoting with another popular channel.
- Infuencer Marketing: Another thing that goes hand-in-hand with what we were just discussing is Instagram Influencer Marketing. If you have a major infuencer that is promoting your brand, you are going to convince a lot of people to try out your products and services. Just make sure that you prioritize quality over quantity. Someone that has a smaller following but greater influence will be much more valuable than someone who has a huge audience but not as much of a relationship with them.
Four ways you are losing customers on Facebook
Are you using Facebook to promote your online business? Most people do, and they see great success from it. But even the best internet marketers may not be using Facebook to its full potential. Here I am going to discuss four of the ways that you are losing customers on Facebook if you aren’t taking advantage of those features.
- Putting the image of a clickable button on your cover photo and changing your description to provide a link to your opt-in page is one of the best little-know ways to use Facebook to gather leads. It isn’t as effective as the more popular ways of using Facebook, but there is no reason not to use it and every reason to start, because it will bring in a few leads.
- One of the most underused features of the Facebook Business Page is the CTA, call-to-action, feature that Facebook provides. Facebook allows, and even encourages, companies with a Facebook Page to send traffic directly to their website from Facebook or to call them on the phone. But most people don’t use it. In fact, most people probably don’t even know it exists.
- The “About” section of your Facebook Page is where people go when they want to find out more about your company. It is a great place to put a link to your website or your opt-in page. Even though people don’t go to that section very often, it is silly not to direct them to a place where you can convert them when they do. They are already primed to know more abuot your company, which means the best place that you can send them would be to your own website. They can look at your products, join your email list and satisfy their curiosity all in one shot.
- The “Story” section of your page is another place that is often skipped over by businesses. But you definitely want to tell your story to customers. They want to know more about you, and this is a great opportunity to turn Facebook Fans and casual visitors into buying customers that will remain loyal. Plus, if you put a link in your story section, then it will become clickable and you can direct them to your opt-in page, your regular website, your products page or wherever you wan them to go.
This was just a few thing you can do to optimize your social media marketing and get all the benefits there are to your business if you use social media the right way.