How to use social media to generate traffic to your affiliate marketing business
Social Media has the potential to become the largest source of online traffic for any business, and specially an affiliate marketing business.
You can target profiles and hence genrate quility traffic from social media platforms. And because search engines have very little to offer to a business that don’t mangage to get their websites ranking on the first page of search results. Social Media too has its share of challenges but those are a little less overwhelming.
There are dozens of social media platforms. How your strategize your social media outreach will determine the traffic.
Here are 10 Tips to get traffic from social media platforms.
- Know what to post – It is no secret that you need to come up with engaging content to intrigue your followers and the larger target audience so they check out the links or information and get redirected to your website. Normal posts, shares and tweets or images and videos will be of little help unless there is a content development and management strategy.
You could share short or long content, in snippets or as a larger report hosted on your website. You could publish content directly as pages on sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Whatever you choose to share must be relevant for your audience. You need to know how much time your target audience will be willing to give you, what format they would prefer to access and what kind of information they are looking for. Develop the content accordingly.
- Interactive content works better than one way communiques – Polls, quizzes, surveys, contests and kind of Q&A or inviting feedback will open up a channel of comunication. Social media works best when there is a two-way communication and in real time. Twitter and Facebook have become really popular because of this reason.
Business are using social media to engage with their audience live. Contents that encourage or invite comments, where people have something to say will always score better than just close ended informative contents. The purpose is not just to share some helpful information but to get the reader to check out the website. Only that will generate traffic for you.
- Once you know what to post, you should know when and where to post it – There are specific times when people of specific profiles come online and check their timelines.
Every social media platform has its periods of peak and off peak activities.
Find out when your target audience is live or active and on which social media platform. Share your content when your target audience is online and has the time to check out your posts.
- You can post your content at the best possible time after due research and even then your traction could be limited – Be sure that your competitors will also do their homework and post at the same time. If you repost your content, make sure that you not will be spamming your audience. Time your repost smartly and offer something new everytime. Do not just share or retweet. Add a new fact or highlight something new from the post as you repost it or share it. This will keep the same post interesting and you can avert being deemed a spammer.
- You must become an influencer or you should use influencers – Associate with influencers on specific social media platforms who are followed by many and whose opinions are trusted by many. If these infuencers likes your posts or share your content, then you can be sure of having a windgall gain in traffic.
- Try to trend your content – You can use hashtags for easy indexing of contents and also to entice more people to check out the piece. A trending topic will always have a larger outreach and you would witness a spike in your website traffic.
- Always work on the credibillity of your brand – You social media presence should be perfect and trustworthy. Spamming, sharing poor quality content or generating interest and then failing to satisfy the needs of the target audience will break the trust of your followers.
- Promotion or an amazing offer is the best way to generate substantial traffic immediately – However, it cannot be misplaced, mistimed or poorly targeted. Do not put forth a doscount for those who wouldn’t be in a position to purchase. Do not come up with an offer that may look great on paper but doesn’t really help in reality. Just promote your bestsellers.
Go all out with your promotions if you want an exponential spike in traffic.
- Consider social media automation – Automate daily posts, use software to track traffic generated from social media, use analyses to study the outreach and the impact of every post, have auto follows ups for any activity originating from social media such as a redirected user signing up for newsletters or making an enquiry.
- Finally, combine social media marketing with email marketing – search engine optimization, pay per click advertising and other outreach programs for an optimum impact.
These are some ways to make social media marketing more efficient, punctual and organized.
Often, the first communication doesn’t generate traffic or any traction, the second or the third point of contact does and they don’t have to be through the same medium.