How to drive more traffic to your site
A lot of works goes into making a successful online platform, and generating traffic is without a doubt a headache for many people.
Nevertheless, there are numerous blogs and websites that record hundreds of thousands of visitors every day.
What is the secret behind their success; what do they do differently?
Here are 5 Tips for driving traffic to your website:
- Post Interesting Content – Content is King! Visitors will be seeking to have their needs fulfulled by browsing the content on your platform. As such, it has not only to be relevant but also interesting and engaging. Make sure that the title is catchy, and the content is enjoyable to read, watch or listen to. Additionally, be sure to incorporate SEO in your written contetn for better ranking.
- Embrace the Social Media – Share, Share, Share….. Sharing your content on social media platforms is your best chance of generating organic traffic quickly and easily. The trick, however, is to dedicate as much time and energy to it as possible. You need to share your content peridoically to ensure that it reaches as many people as possible; also be sure to follow up on your posts to engage with your followers and nurture trust for a loyal following.
- Good Web Design – Your website’s design will determine its initial reputation on visitors, and, as such, it should look good and work flawlessly. Good web design incorporates factors such as fast loading, easy navigation, and a neat appearance, just to mention a few. For example, speed when loading is necessary as most people do not have the patience to wait longer than few seconds before moving on.
- Guest Blogging – It does not hurt to work with other website owners and bloggers (as long as they are established well in the industry). The best way to work with them is by guest blogging. Content posted on their platforms is embraced by an already established traffic base, and if it is ompressive then interested visitors can be lured back to your platform as they tend to have a loyal following and a good reputation.
- Make the Proper Analysis – Trying to generate traffic without performing analysis is like flying blind. You need to know how people are responding to your efforts to react accordingly, and the best way to do this is through Google Analytics. Google Analytics allows you access to import information such as how many people have visited your site, where they are from, how long they spend on the site, and even the keyword that led them to you.
Generating traffic is definitely not easy, but the right tactics ensure not only success but also numerous visitors. There are numerous tips on how to beat the system, but the strategies covered above are not only safe and effective but will appeal to both the visitor and Google as well as other search engines. The world is at your fingertips; all you need to do is reach out.
Budding entrepreneurs and established businesses alike, work towards having a consistent flow of visitors and customers to their sites. Unfortunately, not all of them succeed. Initially, many thought that spending lots of money on advertising helped increase website traffic.
However, you do not need to invest that much money. You could be making one small but costly mistake.
The following is a guide on how to drive more traffic to your site.
- Improve site load times – According to a 2010 study conducted by Akami Technologies, 57% of the online shoppers wait for only 3 seconds before leaving a site. As such, one way to drive more website traffic entails improving your site’s load performance. Websites that can load fast, rank highly on search engines. You can use tools such as a content delivery network (CDN), to enhance your website load time. CDN enables your site to serve pages based on the location of a user; thus, individuals in a certain geographicl area get your website load faster.
- Optimize website for mobile users – A recent study indicates that one-fifth of Americans accesses the internet through their mobile devices. Using a mobile-optimized website confers an array of benefits including enhanced user experience, enhanced SEO performance, competitive advantage and new advertising platforms. Customizing your site for mobile users, will ultimately give you access to a wider market.
- An active social media presence – Each social media platform that you participates in serves as an extentsion of your website. You should interact with different social channels, particulary those that your target audience is active on. Many companies can also profit immensely by establishing Facebook, Twitter and Google+ as their social media foundation. Share relevant content on these platforms and interact with your audience by responding to questions.
- Optimize your website content – Another way to drive more traffic website entails making your site SEO friendly. It can be achieved by creating a basic format for all your web pages. Once you adapt the rhytm of writing titles in a standard format and intergrating relevant information into the content, you will not be spending much time on SEO tasks. Remember to write clear and concise titles. As a rule of thumb, the titles should not exceed 70 characters. Also, create shareable, organized and engaging content to draw the attention of readers.
- Link Buidling – This is when you generating inbound links to your webiste from other internet sites. Link building has two core benefits: introducing followers of a different site to your web and improving your ranking on search engines. You can build a link by comment on an article or blog post and including your link. This way, readers will end up visiting your site after reading an article that you commented on.
This was just some things you can do to get more traffic to your site and at the end get more followers, who are coming back to your site.
Download Your FREE eBook and learn more about Internet Marketing!