Write Your Business Plan and Convert It Into Your Business
A business plan is the first thing you need to do if you are starting a new business. It is designed to outline your goals, business strategies, financial goals and marketing plans. When you have a business plan in place you are taking steps to make sure that your business is on a good path. A solid business plan is almost always found behind a successful business.
An internet business is usually operated differently than a traditional business is. However, it still needs a business plan. The difference is that the financial, management and marketing details should reflect a growing online market. Let’s have a look at the 6 steps to write a business plan.
6 Steps to Writing a Business Plan For Your Internet Business
- Write Your Business Summary – If your business operates only on the website, you should take the time to describe all of your site’s aspects. Answer questions like who is going to run the business, what does it offer, who does it target, etc.
- Create an In-Depth Marketing Plan – Your marketing plan need for you to gather a great deal of research so that you can do this quite some time befjore you ever create your business plan. However, you need make sure the information hasn’t become outdated by the time you incorporate it into your business plan. Include your pricing plan, your checkout options, etc.
- Provide the Details on Your Management Team – Explain the details of your major team menbers. Their duties, how much they will be paid, benefits, etc. Make sure you provide enough details for investors to understand your management team’s role.
- Create an In-Depth Financial Plan – This should include your startup capital, operating costs, and your profit forecast and various intervals such as 6 months, 2 years, etc.
- Create a Business Schedule – Your schedule needs to include now, the immediate future and your long-term plan. This would include things like te date you are going to open the door, when employee hiring will take place, when lean will be repaid, etc.
- Write an Exutive Summary – Write an in-depth executive summary that inlcudes research as well as an easy to understand explanation of your business plan. Your summary should be broken down into sections and each should have its own title. This will help the information flow better for anyone who chooses to read it.
Converting Your Marketing Plan in Your Business Plan
Marketing is an important part of your online business success and as such, it is important that you make sure your business plan thoroughly details what your marketing plan looks like. As a business owner, your business plan and the information can help you keep track and also later evaluate whether you were successful at achieving your marketing goals.
Your Marketing Plan
Your business operations will be centered around your marketing plans and the image you are striving to create. Your marketing will strive to create branding for your company and it will focus on making your visible. Online this requires a different sill set than what would be used in a traditional business.
Your business will set standards to adhere to make your company appear credible to the consumer market to grow your business and ultimately your revenue. Let’s look at what your marketing plan needs to address.
- Market Analysis – You need to analyze your market before you ever open your doors since you need to know who you will be selling your products to. In addition, in almost every case, there are the same or similar products on the market and you need to analyze how you are going to grab your ‘market share’.
- Your Competition – You will need to determine who your cometition is online. You will need to identify your five most direct competitors, how they advertise, what type od SEO work they have done on their sites, how they place in the search engines, what the strengts and weaknesses are, how their product is different, and how their image is different.
- Customer Profile – You will need to determine what your online customer profile looks like. Often you will have the same product but it targets a completely different market. For example, ‘Product A’ online might target an Asian market, it might target a small unique nich on a family site or it might target through email marketing. You need to identify who you are targeting as your market.
- Market Share – You will need to make projections that are realistic about your projected market share, and your projected sales. It is important to not guess and to actually do your projections because investors and lenders are smart and they will simply turn away from your business plan and your propposal, and that would be a shame if you have a great idea that you want to launch and turn into your online business.
This is just some few things to think about and you can do when you want to start your own online business and work from home. If you follow this tips, I am sure it will help you to success with your business.
Get Your FREE Report and Learn More About How You Can Start an Online Business