Top Tips Starting an Affiliate Marketing Business Working from Home
Affiliate Marketing has become on ot the top online business opportunities because the startup costs are low and the income you can generate has no limit. You can do Affiliate Marketing as a part-time job or as a full time job, running it from home.
Before you start your affiliate marketing business you should choose your niche and then start searching for products to promote. One thing you must know is that it is a lot of scammers out there, and promote a scam will hurt your business and brand. You can read more about how to recognize a scam im my blog post Affiliate Marketing and Scammers.
It is almost a must to have a own website if you want to start an affiliate business. With your own website / blog you can write reviews and place links to the products or services you recommend.
In an article from Entrepreneur, they describe the two main approaches or business models to choose from when setting up your affiliate marketig blog.
- Resource Sites – These sites are focused on offering lots of how-to articles and posts, and then provide affiliate links or banner ads to click for more details. Frequently adding fresh related content is a vital because it gives people a reason to return to your site – and click some of your money-making links.
- Review Sites – You’ve tried the product in your niche, now you write them up and rate them to help your site visitors decide what to buy. For each product you review, you provide a link or banner ad that clicks through for sales on your merchant partner’s site. Less frequent content updates are necessary – just tweak your site about once a week to let the search engines know your site’s still alive, and always try to build links.
Traffic is also important so you get people to visit your site or blog. If you don’t have any traffic, people will not click on your links and you will not make any money. In the article from Entrepreneur, they talk about four main ways to get more site exposure and attract more potential customers:
- Paid Advertising – This is most effective when you ad copy headline, call-to-action message and graphics come together just right to compel people to click through and buy.
- Free Advertising – Sites like Craiglist and US Free Ads are but two of many popular places that accept links and banner ads for free. These tend to be affiliate marketing sites themselves, earning the owner money whenever you click their ads.
- Article Marketing – This popular marketing method offers several benefits. You’re building credibility as a reliable source in your niche, gaining a higher search engine raniking by increasing the number of links leading to your site, and pulling traffic to your site. Work in an organic manner and don’t spam using software engines. Ezinearticles is a great place to begin.
- E-mail Marketing – Every visitor to your site is valuable, so capturing their names and e-mail addresses to stay in touch is important. Many people might not buy your affiliate products until the third or fourth time they hear from you. So, it’s crucial to place an opt-in subscribtion box on your site for people to start receiving a weekly or monthly newsletter from you.
Take a look at the Infographic below “How To Build an Affiliate Website That Doesn’t Suck”